@Hull
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
@Hull

A forums about Hull, by people from Hull.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The World Cup.

Go down 
+3
Barrow
Kal-El
Trev
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Trev

Trev

The World Cup. Empty
PostSubject: The World Cup.   The World Cup. EmptyMon Jun 07, 2010 6:10 pm

Well here it comes. Depending on your point of view it's the biggest sporting event that the world ever sees, or the most lucrative marketing event ever.

How well do you think England will do? Quarter finals? Lose out at the semi final stage on penalties (as usual)? Or have you put a fiver on England to win? As far as I know the bookies are giving odds of 7/1 on an England victory. Is it worth a punt?
Back to top Go down
Kal-El

Kal-El

The World Cup. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The World Cup.   The World Cup. EmptyMon Jun 07, 2010 6:18 pm

It’s worth a go. I’m already sick of people moaning, “why bother we won’t win...”. Who cares? If we win it’ll be an amazing experience, why I don’t know. But even if we lose the whole hysteria around the event is electric and I wouldn’t want to miss a second. I’ll be happy with the quota finals and going out giving all we have. Something to be proud of. Something that brings people together.
Back to top Go down
Barrow

The World Cup. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The World Cup.   The World Cup. EmptyThu Jun 10, 2010 10:22 am

I'm looking forward to it,but only hope England will know where the goal is ,instead of passing the ball across the field and then back to their own goalkeeper.
I read in todays paper that the ref for the match has been tought English swere words.Watch Rooney not singing the national anthum. Basketball bounce
Back to top Go down
Tigerlilly

Tigerlilly

The World Cup. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The World Cup.   The World Cup. EmptyThu Jun 10, 2010 11:44 am

Well Rooney has already been warned not to swear at the Ref. I wonder if he`ll manage to bite his tongue ( not literally).
Back to top Go down
http://cardsfromlynnesloft.blogspot.com/
Kal-El

Kal-El

The World Cup. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The World Cup.   The World Cup. EmptyThu Jun 10, 2010 5:18 pm

"I read in todays paper that the ref for the match has been tought English swere words"

I could geuss what paper you read. It's poppycock.
Back to top Go down
Tigerlilly

Tigerlilly

The World Cup. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The World Cup.   The World Cup. EmptyFri Jun 11, 2010 7:40 am

Just watched the opening ceremony. I got quite emotional Sad
Back to top Go down
chiefdragon

chiefdragon

The World Cup. Empty
PostSubject: World cup   The World Cup. EmptyFri Jun 11, 2010 3:24 pm

Rolling Eyes Mad ARGGHH!! Sleep
Back to top Go down
Gud4u

Gud4u

The World Cup. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The World Cup.   The World Cup. EmptyFri Jun 11, 2010 5:49 pm

What is all this infernal din at the games all about? To me, it is going to ruin all commentary's if it is not stopped. This is not football as I know it. You cant hardly hear the roar of the crowd for these ridiculous horns. BA HUMBUG!
Back to top Go down
chiefdragon

chiefdragon

The World Cup. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The World Cup.   The World Cup. EmptySat Jun 12, 2010 10:02 am

Sounds like an incessant drone of bee's around the honey pot...........awful. Shocked
Back to top Go down
Tigerlilly

Tigerlilly

The World Cup. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The World Cup.   The World Cup. EmptySun Jun 13, 2010 11:51 am

So, how far do you think England will get after last nights poor performance? Mad
Back to top Go down
chiefdragon

chiefdragon

The World Cup. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The World Cup.   The World Cup. EmptySun Jun 13, 2010 3:08 pm

Fresh out the box, all new legs, sleeping in oxygen tents for the altitude, pampered and STILL they can't give the yanks the run around.......Bobby Moore must be very upset.

They don't deserve to get to the next round on THAT performance......and I won't even mention the second rate goalie.......they were embarrassing to say the least Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Kal-El

Kal-El

The World Cup. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The World Cup.   The World Cup. EmptySun Jun 13, 2010 6:17 pm

Give green a break all footballers make mistakes, it’s just worse for goalkeepers, remember Seaman? Green made an awesome save, which if went in instead of the other on no one would be giving him hassle. America are poor team, England failed to control the midfield and let them have the majority of posses, a good team would have destroyed us. We have the best midfielders in the world fingers crossed they’ll click.
Back to top Go down
Tigerlilly

Tigerlilly

The World Cup. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The World Cup.   The World Cup. EmptyMon Jun 14, 2010 3:15 am

I just got the impression that some of them didn`t really want to be there. Where was Rooneys passion? It`s as if the no swearing has robbed him of his ability. And why oh why has Cappello taken injured players with him and left good, fit players at home?
Back to top Go down
Kal-El

Kal-El

The World Cup. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The World Cup.   The World Cup. EmptyMon Jun 14, 2010 5:46 am

Rooney worked too hard chasing the ball. He went looking for the ball because of the midfield being missing and so he never got it in the right areas.
Back to top Go down
Barrow

The World Cup. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The World Cup.   The World Cup. EmptyMon Jun 14, 2010 10:16 am

It seemed they were content just to ;play the ball across the field,and lob it into the box hoping that Hesky may get it.Only had about four shots on goal all the match.Hope they discover a bit of flair for the next games,but if not,they all have their mansions,Bentleys and WAGS to home to.Rooney was poor and the whole team did not have a balance to it.Nobody seemed to know what to do.
Don't forget that most of this lot played in the last World cup and failed then.Must be hard on the six million pound a year manager! Basketball
Back to top Go down
fozzeduk

fozzeduk

The World Cup. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The World Cup.   The World Cup. EmptyMon Jun 14, 2010 11:12 pm

What a shock result with the americans 1-1,i thought that would be a walkover for eng,as the last time the yanks beat us was in the fifties,and then when i saw our old foes the germans demolish the aussies,im just hoping england has more to offer or i forsee a lot of dissapointed fans returnining early. affraid
Back to top Go down
chiefdragon

chiefdragon

The World Cup. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The World Cup.   The World Cup. EmptyFri Jun 18, 2010 3:37 pm

Well its nice to see that England are playing to their usual World cup standard.......total rubbish Basketball
Back to top Go down
Kal-El

Kal-El

The World Cup. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The World Cup.   The World Cup. EmptyFri Jun 18, 2010 5:08 pm

Not at all! England have never been that good a team we just have high expectations because they have the spirit, they go up against the world’s best teams and bleed lions. World cup form is normally ends up being very good ending with pens or with being cheated. Tonight where was the spirit? Where was the chasing back and giving every last bit of effort? We were playing a team not good enough to play in the Championship. The worst team in the world has the ability to give 100% and then if you lose you have no regrets.
Back to top Go down
Gud4u

Gud4u

The World Cup. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The World Cup.   The World Cup. EmptyFri Jun 18, 2010 5:41 pm

Something fishy in the English set up tonight, the Sun will reveall all today. I predict Wayne rooney becoming the the new "Turnip Head". He should not be the only one. To a man they just did not look like they wanted to be there. Talk about overpaid!!!!!
Back to top Go down
fozzeduk

fozzeduk

The World Cup. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The World Cup.   The World Cup. EmptyFri Jun 18, 2010 10:39 pm

Embarassed Well what a showing up,they dont even look like they want to play let alone be there,it looks like they all have a hangover,seems like they are in for a hammering when they meet the germans,while other teams are playing their hears out it seems england are treating it like a practice match,are they on strike for a pay rise? ive seen more life in a tramps vest. Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Tigerlilly

Tigerlilly

The World Cup. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The World Cup.   The World Cup. EmptySat Jun 19, 2010 2:28 am

It certainly was embarrassing. A bit like watching City in the dark days. BUT, I don`t think it`s all down to the team, I think Cappello has to take the majority of the blame. He is playing players out of place, he`s obviously telling them not to play in the wings and he refuses to play fit eager players like Joe Cole and Dawson. Get rid!
Back to top Go down
fozzeduk

fozzeduk

The World Cup. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The World Cup.   The World Cup. EmptySun Jun 20, 2010 2:41 am

Well ill bet slovenia were relieved to find they were playing england,it would not suprise me if they dont bother training for the game,as they will think its already in the bag,i can only hope the england team pull up their socks,and get out on that field and show the fans that they are worth supporting,so heres hoping that whatever problems they are having at the moment can be laid to rest,for if they are knocked out next week,the press will have a field day,i dont think the team will get over the shame,and fans from here to africa are going to be soooo let down bounce So come on england!! bounce get out there and win!! Basketball shock us all and get into the final,and show them all you are the greatest team in the world. Basketball (please)
Back to top Go down
fozzeduk

fozzeduk

The World Cup. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The World Cup.   The World Cup. EmptySun Jun 27, 2010 1:19 pm

Well,thats england on their way home,i put my flags in the bin Mad Embarassed Sad bounce affraid Basketball
Back to top Go down
Tigerlilly

Tigerlilly

The World Cup. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The World Cup.   The World Cup. EmptyMon Jul 12, 2010 5:16 am

Well what a let down the final turned out to be. Scrappy match, dirty fouls and terrible refereeing. Watch out for Howard Webb next season. He`s the idiot that disallowed a perfect Hull City goal last season. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Gud4u

Gud4u

The World Cup. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The World Cup.   The World Cup. EmptyMon Jul 12, 2010 6:40 am

I have to disagree with Tigerlily on every point she makes except being a scrappy game. The dutch could not play this game any other way than to "squeeze" the opposition out of the match and they where only five minutes away from doing so. They could not allow Spain to have the freedom of passing them out of it. This was my type of game,the worlds best two teams going at it hammer and tongs with the best side winning and thats what happened. Howard Webb did fine, he never lost control once. He did though miss the full impact of the De Jong assault on Alonso, no fault of his as he was partly unsited and that should have been a red card, the man is human we all make mistakes. If I can see twenty odd games at City this season with that skill and desire I will be well chuffed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The World Cup. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The World Cup.   The World Cup. Empty

Back to top Go down

The World Cup.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
@Hull :: Your first category :: Your first forum-
Jump to: