@Hull

A forums about Hull, by people from Hull.

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

I DONT BELIEVE IT!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
fozzeduk

PostSubject: I DONT BELIEVE IT!   Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:03 am

Shocked If you look in the daily mail to-day under lost and found,you will see my profile pic,a couple of weeks ago i sent the pic along with the story of losing him,and asked if they would put it in the paper,i got no reply,so yesterday i put it in the version of a lost ad,can you believe it cost me £40-90,yet it costs nothing to put an ad in to say you have found anything,well i hope it finds him.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AR-Tony

PostSubject: Re: I DONT BELIEVE IT!   Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:58 am

Hi Fozz, I hope you checked with all the dog home, retrieval centres and charity places, or whatever they call themselves. People see dogs and just assume they are lost. Trouble is, when they end up in those centres they do not keep them for long. My pal's dog was taken from right outside his house. He found him, after much searching, at some place in, I think it was, in South Cave. Truth is dogs do not get lost, it's folks taking them, when they should leave them be. I hope you find your pal. As to HDM? Well we know don't we. Years ago my brother's dog was lost and the paper ran a full feature with pictures and all info, but that was years ago. It's a very different paper now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
fozzeduk

PostSubject: Re: I DONT BELIEVE IT!   Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:52 am

First job was to ring police station as they got one dog back for me a couple of years back,they said that anyone brings in a lost dog,or reports one,they are told to get in touch with the dog warden they no longer deal with them,rspca have a similar story,and also tell you to ring the dog warden,now the dog warden is not as straight forward as you would like,as his number is the dreaded 300300 num,they ask for your details,then tell you someone will ring within the next 24 hours,and if they forget to ring you,then you dial 300300 again and explain it all again,and get told someone will ring you,all over again,why cant you just ring direct and ask have you had any yorkies in this week,ive rang all the charities,vets,ect,i definatly think someone has got him,i emailed peter levy at bbc look north,but no answer yet,heres hoping this ad makes someone feel guilty and ring me,i feel so sorry for his mate here shes just laid pining all day every day.oh well heres hoping. IF ANYONE SEES A LITTLE YORKIE,PLEASE RING ME. Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: I DONT BELIEVE IT!   Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:28 am

Hope you find him FOZZ, family pets are a pain at times, but the thought of losing them is unbearable. Snowy, our budgie, was almost put down a while back, but thankfully he recovered.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://hull.aforumfree.com
Barrow

PostSubject: Re: I DONT BELIEVE IT!   Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:32 am

We were also shocked at the cost of putting an ad in the Mail some time ago.
By the way.How do you get an emotion sticker onto the page?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
fozzeduk

PostSubject: Re: I DONT BELIEVE IT!   Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:42 am

Well all i do is press post reply,and as im typing now the emotion stickers are to the left of me, Very Happy Very Happy Sad Surprised Shocked Cool Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: I DONT BELIEVE IT!   Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:10 am

Have you tried Gumtree FOZZ? It's free and easy to use. affraid
Back to top Go down
fozzeduk

PostSubject: Re: I DONT BELIEVE IT!   Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:14 am

Ill slip there now and try it,thank you mike.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
fozzeduk

PostSubject: Re: I DONT BELIEVE IT!   Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:27 pm

Very Happy Wow whatever you do dont lose your pet,last night i got a phone call,from a lovely lady asking me to describe my dog in detail,within seconds of talking to her she told me "thats him" ive got him, no need to worry,she had had him for at least three weeks,she had rang the police,rspca,who pointed her to the councils dog warden,and after waiting for a call back, described him and where she found him,she left her number with the dog warden,and as she had two yorkies of her own,and knew the dog had been cared for, agreed to look after him until a call came in yet when i got through to the warden i was told "we have no yorkies here and we havent had any reports of any found,not even the lady herself reads the daily mail,it was her brother that saw the ad and told her,our daughter brought him to us,and can you believe his mate who has been just laid here,all sad and acting as though she misses him,has just ignored him since he came home,i think its a bit of envy over the attention hes getting,but alls well that ends well.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AR-Tony

PostSubject: Re: I DONT BELIEVE IT!   Thu Jun 10, 2010 1:22 am

Hi Fozz, marvelous result. Well done. I bet his mate is furious with him. As I said before dogs do not get lost because they can follow scent for many miles without problems. They can sniff out home on the wind from three miles. Was it a very windy day when he disappeared? Either that, he's got a very poor sense of smell or ha, he is a very poor navigator. Either way, a wonderful result from your direct actions and nil points to the so called experts. Though thinking on, if the wheels of finding and subsequent placement that those "organisations" use had ground on, you would probably be fighting a "new owner" now. Your luck is on the turn. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: I DONT BELIEVE IT!   Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:10 am

Nice one, nice to see a happy ending.
Back to top Go down
fozzeduk

PostSubject: Re: I DONT BELIEVE IT!   Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:25 am

cheers Thanks All.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kal-El

PostSubject: Re: I DONT BELIEVE IT!   Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:21 pm

I thought agi turned it into soup!

I suppose the question is how long till it tries to escape again? Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
fozzeduk

PostSubject: Re: I DONT BELIEVE IT!   Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:42 pm

Heres a question i never thought id ask,who tattoos a dog? a vet? or a tattooist? plus im having both my dogs micro chipped
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AR-Tony

PostSubject: Re: I DONT BELIEVE IT!   Fri Jun 11, 2010 1:51 pm

Hey hey, Fozz, there you go again, firing up my daft imagination... now then mmm... where can you tat a dog? It will need to be somewhere readily visible... er... No! Surely not there? affraid
Back to top Go down
View user profile
fozzeduk

PostSubject: Re: I DONT BELIEVE IT!   Fri Jun 11, 2010 2:32 pm

Inside its lug tony. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AR-Tony

PostSubject: Re: I DONT BELIEVE IT!   Fri Jun 11, 2010 3:10 pm

Fozz, thank heaven for that! Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
fozzeduk

PostSubject: Re: I DONT BELIEVE IT!   Fri Jun 11, 2010 10:21 pm

Oh my god affraid affraid now the penny has dropped,i think i would run off myself if someone was going tattoo their name,address,and phone number on my delicates.lolol No
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I DONT BELIEVE IT!   

Back to top Go down

I DONT BELIEVE IT!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
@Hull :: Your first category :: Your first forum-
Jump to: