@Hull

A forums about Hull, by people from Hull.

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

The Jubulani Ball

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Harry from Hull

PostSubject: The Jubulani Ball   Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:25 pm

Its interesting to read that Mario Capello is not happy with the new ball being used in the World Cup.The ball,known as the Jubulani Ball is supposed to be the most perfect ball ever made,perfectly round and yet a number of players are having difficulty in controlling it (especially goalkeepers).The only team that seems to be comfortable with it,is the Germans. However,it turns out that the sneaky 'Gerries' have been practising and using it for the last 6 months.On the other hand,England had the chance to do likewise,but turned it down.It seems once again that the Germans have been very meticulous with their planning ahead of everybody else. Its so damn annoying!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AR-Tony

PostSubject: Re: The Jubulani Ball   Thu Jun 17, 2010 4:47 pm

Hi Harry, I thought this "new" ball had been around for a while. There are balls of this type on sale for £15 in Debenhams. They have 2007 stamped upon them and though a cheeper version, they are indeed very round and smooth. I say bring back the old foot-slogging, neck breaking, water logging and concussing leather balls and see just how good all these young players really are. Basketball
Back to top Go down
View user profile
alanmackinnon

PostSubject: Re: The Jubulani Ball   Thu Jun 17, 2010 4:54 pm

Great idea, Tony, that would sort the men from the boys, eh? Whilst we are at it, let's bring back soccer shorts to the knee and the old style football boots. The lethal studs would also help to sort the men from the boys. Just joking, mate, but I see your point. Whilst on the subject of modern day football, everybody is grumbling about the South African horns and saying they should be banned but does nobody remember the football rattles that made such a God awful din? Well, I don't know what happened to them but they seemed to just die away without having to be banned. Maybe it was difficult to use a rattle with a can of lager in each hand.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tigerlilly

PostSubject: Re: The Jubulani Ball   Fri Jun 18, 2010 2:30 am

I have a feeling that the rattles were banned in the 70`s because they were being used as weapons.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://cardsfromlynnesloft.blogspot.com/
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Jubulani Ball   Fri Jun 18, 2010 2:38 am

I used to love the old footballs, especially when they started going down, it was like kicking a medicine ball!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://hull.aforumfree.com
Harry from Hull

PostSubject: Re: The Jubulani Ball   Fri Jun 18, 2010 3:55 am

Old enough to remember playing with the old leather ball at the school. The short passing game was the only choice because nobody had the strength to hoof it up the park.If it landed in a muddy puddle it took a bit of excavating to get it rolling again.Those brave enough to head a wet ball were called heroes. I remember the wooden rattle was in great use at Boothferry Park in the mid 50's but singing and chanting took over and people lost interest in the rattles. I quite like the small brass bands that some grounds have,but the fella with the big bass drum can stick his pom-pom sticks you know where!

So when you think about it,Capello has nothing to moan about with the new ball. When he first met the England squad on the training ground,he noticed a large 'poo' on the pitch. He said to the squad (in broken English)- "Who sh*t on the ground?". Peter Crouch put his hand up and said- "Me Boss- but I'm much better in the air!"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AR-Tony

PostSubject: Re: The Jubulani Ball   Fri Jun 18, 2010 5:23 am

As a youngen, I was one who would head those soaking wet n heavy leather balls. They would drive your head into your shoulders. Luckily I have always had a lot of neck! bounce
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Jubulani Ball   

Back to top Go down

The Jubulani Ball
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1