@Hull
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
@Hull

A forums about Hull, by people from Hull.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Your say

Go down 
+4
medsec
AR-Tony
Admin
chiefdragon
8 posters
AuthorMessage
chiefdragon

chiefdragon

Your say Empty
PostSubject: Your say   Your say EmptyFri Jun 18, 2010 3:24 am

Has this site finally closed tried a few times this morning and got no result, just a page telling that the site could not be found?? bounce
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Your say Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your say   Your say EmptyFri Jun 18, 2010 3:30 am

It appears so, I tried accessing and it kept returning me to my homepage, Google, with no explanation.
Back to top Go down
https://hull.aforumfree.com
AR-Tony

AR-Tony

Your say Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your say   Your say EmptyFri Jun 18, 2010 4:08 am

Mike, I gained access to HDM Your Say at about 9:15 am today, but cannot connect now. However this has happened before n it has popped back up later, but then, it always did do that to me on a regular basis. So is it finally gone?
Back to top Go down
medsec

medsec

Your say Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your say   Your say EmptyFri Jun 18, 2010 11:29 am

I can't get into it either but then that's nothing new. It often was difficult to load. For the last few days though there only seems to have been Agi and Heartoftruth chucking stupid insults at each other. Quite pointless. I wonder if the Mail thought they would see if the site picked up once the threat of closure was there. It did at first but then quickly deteriorated. I guess that's that. Can't really be sad though when we can continue here - without the aggro Very Happy
Back to top Go down
alanmackinnon

alanmackinnon

Your say Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your say   Your say EmptyFri Jun 18, 2010 11:36 am

Although I found my experience on Your Say pretty good I must say that I would not go back to it after being on this site. Here I get the impression that if Agi or heartoftruth or Alf-G started their peculiar brand of cyberbullying on this site, they would soon be shown the way to log off, something that HDM never seemed to be able or willing to do.
Back to top Go down
chiefdragon

chiefdragon

Your say Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your say   Your say EmptyFri Jun 18, 2010 12:31 pm

I whole heartedly agree they did bring the site down somewhat....shame really because it was a brilliant idea at the start.....ah! well.
Back to top Go down
Harry from Hull

Harry from Hull

Your say Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your say   Your say EmptyFri Jun 18, 2010 4:04 pm

I used to enjoy Yourmail when it first started up and some of the topics posted were brilliant and attracted comments from everybody. Some of them were plain daft,but it didn't matter as it was obvious that posters were enjoying themselves and looked forward to logging on ,on a daily basis. Then the bickering started by some of the posters and some of it got personal with their infantile and childish attacks on others.I,like so many others,got so fed up with it that we gave up on the forum and drifted away.YourMail Moderaters saw it happening,but did little to address the problem and let it fester until its final demise.They were also guilty of deleting posts which they deemed obsolete as comments slowed down,thus undervalueing the work put in by the poster and posters comments some of which contained interesting facts relating to local history.YourMail's reasons for closure was the site was longer viable due to wane in interest and for commercial reasons.YourMail did little to inject some stimulas or promote the site for the reasons it was created! Now it lies like an old ship in a scrapyard in cyberspace,waiting to be dismantled!

PS I just had a quick look and Yourmail has now disappeared from the web

Last edited by Harry from Hull-Falkirk on Sun Jun 20, 2010 1:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Gud4u

Gud4u

Your say Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your say   Your say EmptyFri Jun 18, 2010 5:30 pm

The last I saw on your mail was heartoftruth and agitator still battling away, dinasaurs both. scratch
Back to top Go down
medsec

medsec

Your say Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your say   Your say EmptySat Jun 19, 2010 3:41 am

Indeed. If the moderators had done a proper job of controlling people like that, the site wouldn't have fallen by the wayside. They did away with the mods though, quite obviously, and such as agi were left to do their worst. I tried to report some things on occasion, only to find no action taken. I quickly gave up the attempt and as I've said before, I often would not join in with heated - but interesting - debates, as they were larded with the most coarse and infantile abuse. Thus debate was stifled. I don't subscribe to AlfG's 'closed shop' conspiracy theories though Exclamation
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Your say Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your say   Your say EmptySat Jun 19, 2010 5:46 am

A lot went on at Yourmail behind the scenes which was quite sad. The first major change occured when Will was let go, then Tricia and finally Heather. It was then left in the hands of someone wasn't really interested, and he once told me that he would rather use the £100 Treasure Hunt money to fund better things. He didn't last long at the Mail either.

I had a lot of friends behind the scenes, and met the moderators on several occasions, even taking Heather on a paranormal investigation. They were all great, and I still chat to Heather on Facebook.

It's such a shame that something that was great for Hull and the communities went so wrong.
Back to top Go down
https://hull.aforumfree.com
Trev

Trev

Your say Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your say   Your say EmptySat Jun 19, 2010 12:20 pm

alanmackinnon wrote:
Here I get the impression that if Agi or heartoftruth or Alf-G started their peculiar brand of cyberbullying on this site, they would soon be shown the way to log off, something that HDM never seemed to be able or willing to do.

If Agi, heartoftruth or Alf do show up here and start using the kind of language that they habitually employed, they will find their posts subject to heavy moderation! Basketball
Back to top Go down
medsec

medsec

Your say Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your say   Your say EmptySat Jun 26, 2010 12:18 pm

Odd that the Mail should initially invest in setting up a site and then just gradually lose interest. I wonder why? Neutral
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Your say Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your say   Your say Empty

Back to top Go down

Your say
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
@Hull :: Your first category :: Your first forum-
Jump to: