@Hull
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
@Hull

A forums about Hull, by people from Hull.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Emergency Budget.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Gud4u

Gud4u

Emergency Budget. Empty
PostSubject: Emergency Budget.   Emergency Budget. EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 6:00 am

Tomorrows budget will effect some people more than others. Would anyone be prepared to give up any perk or benefit gained under the last government. In my particular case I'm thinking about free travel.
Back to top Go down
alanmackinnon

alanmackinnon

Emergency Budget. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Emergency Budget.   Emergency Budget. EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 6:11 am

I think I agree with the idea of us pensioners giving up the free travel perk. I(t could be replaced with a 50% of travel cost benefit and I am sure that would help the economy in a small way.
Back to top Go down
Snap

Emergency Budget. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Emergency Budget.   Emergency Budget. EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 8:17 am

May be we should give this up?
Britain is spending a larger proportion of national income on overseas aid than any other G8 nation, according to a report published ahead of this week's summit of the group of industrialised states.

The Accountability Report produced by this year's summit hosts Canada shows that in 2009, the UK devoted 0.52% of its GDP to aid - 11.5 billion US dollars (£7.75 billion) - with the total projected to rise to 0.6% this year.
Back to top Go down
Barrow

Emergency Budget. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Emergency Budget.   Emergency Budget. EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 10:14 am

I am sure that that will save a bit of cash,but why a pensioners perk that many on a low income rely on.Billions can be saved on overseas aid,and I did read that we are giving money to China!And look at all our very expensive embersies abroad with all the staff in them.Do we need them?
I can not think what I can give up to help,but know I am going to suffer in some ways.Time to buy fags and beer and fill the car up tonight! Mad
Back to top Go down
Gud4u

Gud4u

Emergency Budget. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Emergency Budget.   Emergency Budget. EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 11:14 am

Maybe it would be a retrograde step to lose free travel but the cuts will be many to pay off the debts incurred by the banks and baled out by the labour government. As the majority shareholder in lloydsTSB alone they stand to make a fair whack when these are sold on the stock market. For my own sake I would not mind going back to the old concessionary fares, every little helps but I do hope they get a grip on some of these massive pensions being paid to public employees. I dont mean the lower orders.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Emergency Budget. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Emergency Budget.   Emergency Budget. Empty

Back to top Go down

Emergency Budget.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
@Hull :: Your first category :: Your first forum-
Jump to: