@Hull
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
@Hull

A forums about Hull, by people from Hull.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

LORD PRESCOTT

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
alanmackinnon

alanmackinnon

LORD PRESCOTT Empty
PostSubject: LORD PRESCOTT   LORD PRESCOTT EmptyThu Jul 08, 2010 2:17 am

I have just seen the news on BBC that John Prescott has finally proved what an unprincipled scoundrel he really is by accepting a peerage. Evil or Very Mad This is the man who drove the movement to abolish the last bastion of hereditary privilege and many times, when asked whether he would ever accept a peerage said that he never would. Recently interviewed he said he is only accepting the (dubious) honour because Pauline wants it. My God! Pauline prescott in the guise of a lady! It doesn't bear thinking about. I believe that John Prescott should have rejected the offer of a peerage but of course there are too many perks and so on that go with it. Just think of all the restaurants around the country where His Lordship can stuff his face as a welcome guest now he has become a Lord. I wonder what he will call Prescott Manor now? Dare I suggest Farty Towers?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

LORD PRESCOTT Empty
PostSubject: Re: LORD PRESCOTT   LORD PRESCOTT EmptyThu Jul 08, 2010 6:47 am

Back to top Go down
https://hull.aforumfree.com
alanmackinnon

alanmackinnon

LORD PRESCOTT Empty
PostSubject: Re: LORD PRESCOTT   LORD PRESCOTT EmptyThu Jul 08, 2010 7:38 am

According to the Guardian article you posted, Mike, the man will continue to be an ambassador for Hull. Well, as far as I am aware, the only time the unprincipled little turd usually came to Hull was to spend some of his hard-fiddled food expenses at a certain well-known Chinese restaurant, so if that is the amount of ambassadorship Hull can expect from His Lordship, I think we can well do without it thank you very much. Is it not quite wonderful how excuses don't change over the centuries? When Prescott was asked why he was accepting the peerage,one of his original quotes was that Pauline would like it, even though he wasn't too comfortable with it. This rather smacks of a certain man called Adam who, when he was asked why he had eaten of the forbidden fruit said that the woman tempted him. Still using the same old excuses, these politicians. Mad
Back to top Go down
medsec

medsec

LORD PRESCOTT Empty
PostSubject: Re: LORD PRESCOTT   LORD PRESCOTT EmptyThu Jul 08, 2010 11:53 am

Words fail me. I just can't believe he's been given a peerage. No real surprise that he accepted one though. Hypocrite.
Back to top Go down
Harry from Hull

Harry from Hull

LORD PRESCOTT Empty
PostSubject: Re: LORD PRESCOTT   LORD PRESCOTT EmptyThu Jul 08, 2010 12:45 pm

'Baron Prescott of Kingston upon Hull'!- What a cheek! -Baron Bulima of Barmston would be more fitting!!

Last edited by Harry from Hull on Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tigerlilly

Tigerlilly

LORD PRESCOTT Empty
PostSubject: Re: LORD PRESCOTT   LORD PRESCOTT EmptyThu Jul 08, 2010 2:09 pm

Harry would you please change your avatar back to your own handsome face. This one is giving me nightmares!!! pale
Back to top Go down
http://cardsfromlynnesloft.blogspot.com/
Harry from Hull

Harry from Hull

LORD PRESCOTT Empty
PostSubject: Re: LORD PRESCOTT   LORD PRESCOTT EmptyThu Jul 08, 2010 2:38 pm

Sorry Tigerlilly- will this one do? Harry the 'Teddy boy@ 1959
Back to top Go down
Tigerlilly

Tigerlilly

LORD PRESCOTT Empty
PostSubject: Re: LORD PRESCOTT   LORD PRESCOTT EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 2:27 am

Much better Harry. Thank you.
Back to top Go down
http://cardsfromlynnesloft.blogspot.com/
Harry from Hull

Harry from Hull

LORD PRESCOTT Empty
PostSubject: Re: LORD PRESCOTT   LORD PRESCOTT EmptyMon Jul 12, 2010 10:36 am

TV presenter Lorainne Kelly writes a column every week in the Scottish Sunday Post. Yesterday she wrote this about fat John:-

JUST like Neil Kinnock before him, John Prescott has turned his back on his principles and accepted a seat in the House of Lords.
He now sits in a place he once derided as being full of “vermin in ermine” as Baron Prescott of Kingston-upon-Hull, joining the ranks of those he once professed to despise.
He claims he did it to keep his wife Pauline happy and to help put the case for the environment — this from a man who famously used to run two Jags.
Pauline is actually a delightful woman and to use her as an excuse is shameful. Prescott should have just confessed that he was seduced by the idea of a title, wanted to be addressed as “M’Lord” and has changed his mind.
Instead he hides behind his wife’s skirts and bleats about global warming.
Not exactly admirable.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

LORD PRESCOTT Empty
PostSubject: Re: LORD PRESCOTT   LORD PRESCOTT Empty

Back to top Go down

LORD PRESCOTT
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
@Hull :: Your first category :: Your first forum-
Jump to: