@Hull

A forums about Hull, by people from Hull.

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Underage drinking.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Tigerlilly

PostSubject: Underage drinking.   Fri Jul 09, 2010 2:30 am

I know we did this one on HDM site but I wasn`t on the site then so... I`m sure we all tried alcohol before we were legal. When and where was your first drink and did it cause us any harm?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://cardsfromlynnesloft.blogspot.com/
medsec

PostSubject: Re: Underage drinking.   Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:38 am

If we're talking going into pubs, then I think my first was in the 6th form at the age of 17. A group of us used to go to a pub near the school on a lunchtime for a couple of ciders. They were served in stemmed glasses with a thick slice of apple and ice. Lovely. The only time we were asked for proof of age was, ironically, when we had all turned 18!

My first actual taste of alcohol was at home. My Dad made the most wonderful home-made wine, gallons of it every year - dandelion, elderflower, elderberry and rhubarb were made every year. Sometimes he would do plum as well when there was a glut of plums and they were cheap. Remember gluts of fruit, before the EU started dumping it to keep prices up? Because he made so much, it was allowed to mature for years and was smooth and wonderful when it was drunk. I was allowed a small glass with Sunday dinner and on special occasions from quite a young age, thus removing the mystique and leading, I believe, to a sensible attitude to drinking.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
chiefdragon

PostSubject: Re: Underage drinking.   Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:31 pm

My first drink was at home at the age of 13 and it was a SMALL sherry at Christmas, I was allowed a small glass of beer at family parties after that and I never craved alcohol at all, I brought my kids up the same way and they have taught their kids to respect alcohol and not to make it a taboo subject, so they and us never went out and drank behind the parents backs.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tigerlilly

PostSubject: Re: Underage drinking.   Sat Jul 10, 2010 7:25 am

My grandma was a member of the Co-op womens guild and, being the eldest grandchild, she took me to their christmas get togethers. My first alcoholic drink was a small port and lemon at one of these do`s. I was eleven, it was horrible.
My first drink in a pub was in the Neptune at Withernsea caravan park when I was 15. A pal and I had met 2 lads and they took us in because it was cold and miserable and lets face it, there`s not much else to do in With. When asked what I wanted to drink I just said to get what they were having. I was given a pint of bitter in a huge jug glass that needed 2 hands to pick it up. I got a fit of the giggles and we had to leave.
Just before my 16th birthday I met my first serious boyfriend and we would regularly go into the Priory for a couple of drinks. We just sat quietly in a corner, didn`t cause any bother and didn`t get drunk. My parents were quite happy with that arrangement but made it plain that if I overstepped the mark, I would be in big trouble. Naturally, being the little angel that I am, I never did. Well not until I was much older anyway.
Funnily enough, the only time I was asked my age was when I was turned 18 too. Didn`t bother me then but now I`d be motified if someone thought I was older than I am.lol.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://cardsfromlynnesloft.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Underage drinking.   

Back to top Go down

Underage drinking.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
@Hull :: Your first category :: Your first forum-
Jump to: