@Hull
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
@Hull

A forums about Hull, by people from Hull.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Reduce bridge tolls - or sort out the A63?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
medsec

medsec

Reduce bridge tolls - or sort out the A63? Empty
PostSubject: Reduce bridge tolls - or sort out the A63?   Reduce bridge tolls - or sort out the A63? EmptySun Jul 25, 2010 7:22 am

What do people think about this one? Should bridge tolls go or does the A63 through the city take precedence? People have put forward various solutions for this one, which look feasible to me. If the bridge toll was reduced to £1 that would be better and then some cash could also be spent on sorting out the road as well. What are your ideas?
Back to top Go down
Tigerlilly

Tigerlilly

PostSubject: Re: Reduce bridge tolls - or sort out the A63?   Reduce bridge tolls - or sort out the A63? EmptySun Jul 25, 2010 11:22 am

Looks to me as if we`re stuck between a rock and a hard place. Both need sorting out and have done for years. If the bridge toll was reduced or scrapped, that would enable thousands more people to come into the city. Then again, the A63 and castle street are gridlocked alot of the time now so with even more traffic it would cause chaos.
Back to top Go down
http://cardsfromlynnesloft.blogspot.com/
chiefdragon

chiefdragon

PostSubject: Re: Reduce bridge tolls - or sort out the A63?   Reduce bridge tolls - or sort out the A63? EmptySun Jul 25, 2010 3:03 pm

My hubby says that if our region was allowed to keep all the road tax money we could afford to do both.

Cut the bridge toll has to be better for the region business wise surely? bounce
Back to top Go down
medsec

medsec

PostSubject: Re: Reduce bridge tolls - or sort out the A63?   Reduce bridge tolls - or sort out the A63? EmptyMon Jul 26, 2010 11:32 am

That was my preference too. There are options for dealing with the mess that is Castle Street without the costly and somewhat Heath Robinson idea of so-called 'cut and cover', that wouldn't cost millions.
Back to top Go down
Barrow

PostSubject: Re: Reduce bridge tolls - or sort out the A63?   Reduce bridge tolls - or sort out the A63? EmptySat Jul 31, 2010 7:48 am

The interest owed on the bridge is massive,and unless paid off for in tolls,will be put on every council tax bill from, I think,2038.
As for Castle Street,the simple solution is get rid of all the traffic lights andhave all traffic filtering left only to use Garison Street roundabout to the east,and Daltry Street roundabout to the west to the other way.
Then build two or three new pedestrian bridges,and you have no traffic lights and freeflow Castle Street at very little costs and no long building delays.The cut and cover will take years,and all the traffic would have to use Hull city centre.That was gridlocked during the round the world return for half a day.Think about that for four years!
Back to top Go down
medsec

medsec

PostSubject: Re: Reduce bridge tolls - or sort out the A63?   Reduce bridge tolls - or sort out the A63? EmptySun Aug 01, 2010 12:04 pm

I never thought the cut and cover was feasible. Since they've made the massive mistake of building a major road through the middle of the city, better to just build the footbridges over it, maybe from Princes Quay, and give pedestrians safe access that way.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Reduce bridge tolls - or sort out the A63?   Reduce bridge tolls - or sort out the A63? Empty

Back to top Go down

Reduce bridge tolls - or sort out the A63?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
@Hull :: Your first category :: Your first forum-
Jump to: