@Hull
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
@Hull

A forums about Hull, by people from Hull.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Local Ghost Stories.

Go down 
+4
Tigerlilly
Admin
Kal-El
Trev
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Trev

Trev

Local Ghost Stories. Empty
PostSubject: Local Ghost Stories.   Local Ghost Stories. EmptyFri Jun 04, 2010 3:15 pm

Has anyone had any experience of a ghostly kind? I have, but I'll wait to see how this topic takes off before I relate it.
Back to top Go down
Kal-El

Kal-El

PostSubject: Re: Local Ghost Stories.   Local Ghost Stories. EmptyFri Jun 04, 2010 4:51 pm

No never, no such thing.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Local Ghost Stories.   Local Ghost Stories. EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 2:57 am

I could go on all day and tell you about some of the wierd experiences I have but whether or not they were ghostly is open to debate.

One of the earliest experiences occured in my teens when I would often hear footsteps on my parents stairs when no one but I was home. This was later verified by two other people who also heard them. It wasn't the neighbours, who were always at work when I experienced them, and it wasn't the wood settling, as the "footsteps" seemed rapid and grew louder as they came up the stairs.

Curiously, the phenomena never occured going down the stairs!

Over the years I have seen my grandfather, a young boy, and an elderly man at Needlers.
Back to top Go down
https://hull.aforumfree.com
Tigerlilly

Tigerlilly

PostSubject: Re: Local Ghost Stories.   Local Ghost Stories. EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 5:35 am

I`ve had a couple of strange experiences that could be explained away by cynics
Back to top Go down
http://cardsfromlynnesloft.blogspot.com/
Gud4u

Gud4u

PostSubject: Re: Local Ghost Stories.   Local Ghost Stories. EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 6:49 am

I am the most cynical person ever when people start talking ghosts or spirits but i did have a scary night with a green giant years ago after too many bevvies pale
Back to top Go down
Trev

Trev

PostSubject: Re: Local Ghost Stories.   Local Ghost Stories. EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 5:54 pm

One of the more strange experiences that I can recall happened about two years ago in the house that we have just left. Mike might have already read about it on the Fortean Times board, but I'll relate it here and see if anyone can throw any light on it. Bear in mind that this was a house that lots of strange things happened in....

My wife and I were sat in the living room one evening about 10.30/ 11.00 watching TV. The dog was dozing in front of the fire, our two cats were asleep on the settee, my middle daughter was in the bathroom which was situated above the kitchen. Suddenly, and without any kind of warning, we heard a loud noise from the kitchen. I can only describe it as a cross between a howl and a groan. I heard it, my wife heard it, and my daughter heard it. But weirdly, neither the dog nor cats gave any indication of having heard it at all. You might think we would have been alarmed, but no, after the things that went on there, we passed it off as just 'one of those things'.

So....anyone have any ideas? I've racked my brains trying to think what it could have been, but I just don't have a clue. One thing I should have said earlier is this. I thought the noise came from the kitchen, which was directly behind me. My wife thinks it came from behind her, but she was sat at right angles to me, and the kitchen was on her left.

Like I say, lots of odd stuff happened in that house. Only a couple of weeks ago I saw an 'orb' as I was clearing some stuff out of it ( we still own it), and my daughters also had a rather unsettling experience there quite recently as well.
Back to top Go down
Kal-El

Kal-El

PostSubject: Re: Local Ghost Stories.   Local Ghost Stories. EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 6:45 pm

I don't know about ghost but i'm seeing a lot of dodgy adds poping out of peoples words.
Back to top Go down
Tigerlilly

Tigerlilly

PostSubject: Re: Local Ghost Stories.   Local Ghost Stories. EmptyMon Jun 07, 2010 9:01 am

About 10 years ago I worked in a factory in Market Weighton. My husband worked there aswell but in a different department. While I finished at 5pm, he didn`t finish until 6 so rather than just sit in the car for an hour I sometimes stayed behind to do some packing. One evening while I was alone in the packing department strapping some boxes, something caught my eye. When I glanced around there was an old man standing behind me wearing a blue boiler suit. I blinked and he disappeared. Although I wasn`t scared, I was unnerved enough to think I`d had enough and the car seemed a better place. I knew it wasn`t anyone who worked there because we all wore Polo shirts and cargo trousers. The next day I mentioned it to a bloke who had worked there for years and he told me that years before, when it was a different firm, they all wore blue boilersuits and that two days before someone else had mentioned seeing the same man. pale
Back to top Go down
Trev

Trev

PostSubject: Re: Local Ghost Stories.   Local Ghost Stories. EmptyTue Jun 08, 2010 9:36 am

Good story Tiger. Thanks for sharing it.
Back to top Go down
chiefdragon

chiefdragon

PostSubject: Ghosts   Local Ghost Stories. EmptyTue Jun 08, 2010 1:35 pm

I worked at Endeavour high and when it first opened there were a number of sightings reported...an old man always sat in the dining room as though waiting for his lunch, another of a couple on the first floor landing walking hand in hand, someone sat in the headmasters car late evening and then there was matron who walked through the kitchen in full flow with her cape waving in the breeze she had caused, quite a few of us saw her and I always bade her a respectful 'good morning Matron' on entering and 'good afternoon' on leaving the building.

They had a blessing in 2007 and activity was less noticeable.......except for the mice which over-run the place. Smile
Back to top Go down
AR-Tony

AR-Tony

PostSubject: Re: Local Ghost Stories.   Local Ghost Stories. EmptyWed Jun 09, 2010 1:25 am

silent

Last edited by AR-Tony on Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:54 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Recall)
Back to top Go down
fozzeduk

fozzeduk

PostSubject: Re: Local Ghost Stories.   Local Ghost Stories. EmptyTue Jun 15, 2010 11:55 pm

As a lad,my freinds and i were told that wilberforce house was haunted,we would spend hours in there hoping to catch sight of a ghost but never did see one,but realy got a feeling inside that there was something creepy,and lots of uneasy feelings,and creaking,and someone stimulated our minds that his statue inside came to life on a night time so the next time we would look we would swear it was not in the same position as the day before, affraid but it was probably our imaginations working overtime,unless you know something i dont know. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Local Ghost Stories.   Local Ghost Stories. EmptyWed Jun 16, 2010 2:25 am

I approached the museum staff about hauntings and they were really open and informative. They claimed that Wilberforce House isn't haunted, but one evening when staff were locking up, a phantom coach and horses was heard on High-street.

In recent years a friend of mine took some photo's of the house late at night, and found mist on the images, but behind the windows and inside the house. It could have been a smudge on the window but to date attempts to recapture the same anomalie have failed.
Back to top Go down
https://hull.aforumfree.com
Tigerlilly

Tigerlilly

PostSubject: Re: Local Ghost Stories.   Local Ghost Stories. EmptyWed Jun 16, 2010 9:00 am

We moved into this house in 2002 and I have never felt anything untoward at all. However, soon after we moved in I went upstairs to bed. My husband was working very early mornings (4AM start) so was already asleep and as I opened the bedroom door someone said my name really, really clearly. I automatically said `what` and then realised that hubby was fast asleep and there was no one else in the house.
A couple of months later I came home from work at tea time and my husband told me that he`d had a strange experience. Now if you knew him, you would know that he is the most levelheaded person in the world and not given to imaginings. He told me that he had fallen asleep on the settee and when he woke up the was a man standing in the corner wearing 50`s type clothes. As he watched this man just disappeared. If it had been anyone else I would have put it down to being half asleep.
Soon after this I was watching football one afternoon when someone said " Alright" behind me. I shot up and looked to where the voice had come from but ofcourse there was no one there.
The strange thing is that I feel I should be scared but I`m not. Neither of us has seen or heard anything for about 6 years now but it certainly was a strange experience.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Local Ghost Stories.   Local Ghost Stories. Empty

Back to top Go down

Local Ghost Stories.
Page 1 of 1