@Hull
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
@Hull

A forums about Hull, by people from Hull.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

A good read....

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
chiefdragon

chiefdragon

A good read....  Empty
PostSubject: A good read....    A good read....  EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 3:21 pm

For anyone looking for a very good read can I suggest Linwood Barclay thriller novels.

I first started to read his books when on holiday in Spain 2 yrs ago, someone had put their copy of his novel 'No Time for Goodbye' in the hotel library and since then I have been hooked, his next novel 'Too Close to Home' was as thrilling as the last.....just bought his latest novel 'Fear the Worst' and can't put it down, you think you have figured out the ending when 'wham bam thank you ma'am' in comes another twist in the tale. He keeps you guessing until the very end.

Well worth the money, even my 13yr old Grandson can't wait to get his hands on this latest book. study
Back to top Go down
medsec

medsec

A good read....  Empty
PostSubject: Re: A good read....    A good read....  EmptySat Jul 10, 2010 5:28 am

I will certainly look out for those when we go on holiday. I enjoy the opportunity to relax and have an uninterrupted read without feeling guilty that I should be off doing something else, like ironing or cleaning the bathroom!
Back to top Go down
Tigerlilly

Tigerlilly

A good read....  Empty
PostSubject: Re: A good read....    A good read....  EmptySat Jul 10, 2010 6:15 am

I`ve read the first two and thoroughly enjoyed them. Right up my street! Haven`t read the latest but I will be doing.
Have you read any of Harlon Coben books CD? Very similar and equally as good.
Back to top Go down
http://cardsfromlynnesloft.blogspot.com/
chiefdragon

chiefdragon

A good read....  Empty
PostSubject: Re: A good read....    A good read....  EmptySat Jul 10, 2010 11:46 am

No Tiger I haven't but I will check them out. I got the last book of Linwoods from Asda for the princely sum of £3.86.

Thanks for the tip Tiger....hope you enjoy them Medsec. bounce
Back to top Go down
Tigerlilly

Tigerlilly

A good read....  Empty
PostSubject: Re: A good read....    A good read....  EmptySat Jul 10, 2010 1:26 pm

I always get my books from asda CD. Can`t go wrong on prices like that.
Medsec, don`t feel guilty. The ironing and the bathroom will still be there when you have relaxed a while.
Back to top Go down
medsec

medsec

A good read....  Empty
PostSubject: Re: A good read....    A good read....  EmptySun Jul 11, 2010 5:09 am

Oh yes, don't I know it! I will certainly have a look in Asda for them. I also get a lot of stuff from Amazon. They have some great bargains and postage is usually free. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Tigerlilly

Tigerlilly

A good read....  Empty
PostSubject: Re: A good read....    A good read....  EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 5:47 am

CD I`ve nearly finished reading `Fear the worst`. Absolutely brilliant. It`s not often I find a book nowadays that I can`t put down but this is one of those. I think I like his style of writing as he writes about ordinary people doing ordinary jobs and I can relate to them. I just hope he has another one released soon.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

A good read....  Empty
PostSubject: Re: A good read....    A good read....  EmptyMon Aug 23, 2010 1:19 am

I read Dan Brown's novels when they were first released but waitied a while to read the latest book, The Lost Symbol. I bought it on Saturday, and have not put it down since, even reading by torchlight in bed last night.

My main love, however, is non-fiction, and I have thousands of books on true crime, local history and the unexplained. I love the works of Timothy Good, Paul Begg and Richard Jones, and take out on average three books a week from the library. study
Back to top Go down
https://hull.aforumfree.com
chiefdragon

chiefdragon

A good read....  Empty
PostSubject: Re: A good read....    A good read....  EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 3:06 pm

Just spent two weeks in Spain and returned today......OMG isn't it cold here......it was 37c over there, anyway I spent a lot of the time on a sunbed in the shade reading, James Patterson mainly about six of them brilliant, brilliant, brilliant especially the Alex Cross stories. Not sure I understood 'The Lake house' though (about bird children) not the usual Jame Patterson type pf tale. bounce
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

A good read....  Empty
PostSubject: Re: A good read....    A good read....  Empty

Back to top Go down

A good read....
Page 1 of 1