@Hull
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
@Hull

A forums about Hull, by people from Hull.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Positive Hull Stories

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Positive Hull Stories Empty
PostSubject: Positive Hull Stories   Positive Hull Stories EmptyFri Jul 30, 2010 2:28 am

I have seen a couple of positive Hull stories, and thought it would be a good idea to create a thread for them. We get a lot of bad press in Hull, purely from misinformed journalists, so here are some little gems.

Hull's Own Record Label is launched
http://news.bbc.co.uk/local/humberside/hi/people_and_places/music/newsid_8858000/8858392.stm

Hull Food Festival- In Pictures
http://news.bbc.co.uk/local/humberside/hi/people_and_places/newsid_8868000/8868822.stm
Back to top Go down
https://hull.aforumfree.com
alanmackinnon

alanmackinnon

PostSubject: Re: Positive Hull Stories   Positive Hull Stories EmptyFri Jul 30, 2010 8:30 am

That is excellent, Mike. Of course, Hull has always produced some top talent, either home-grown or nurtured here; Maureen Lipman, John Godber, Ian Carmichael, John Alderton and Mick Ronson to name just a few. And let us not forget that one of the greatest names in cinema production came from here as in J. Arthur Rank. I honestly don't know why Hull has lately been tarred with this awful "worthless" brush but it is articles like these you highlight that may one day help the country to realise what a wonderful and diverse city of opportunity and culture Hull has been, is, and will be if only people will open their eyes to what is the truth about our city. Mind you, it does need the local Council and the media to tell the world about us otherwise Hull will always be "at the end of the road". So please, please, please HDM, BBC and YTV tell the world about us!
Back to top Go down
alanmackinnon

alanmackinnon

PostSubject: Re: Positive Hull Stories   Positive Hull Stories EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 1:49 am

I have just seen on TV and read in the HDM the great news about how well our youngsters have done in their GCSE exams. I wonder how long it will be before some half wit comes up with the usual rubbish about the exams must be getting easier. I am proud and delighted that the latest crop of young people in this city are beginning to confound their critics and prove that they are not all ASBO fodder and future Benefit Scroungers. Of course, we must also give credit where it is due to the highly dedicated teaching staff without whom the kids could not have done half so well and, of course caring and supportive parents. Good on all of you in this great and lovely and unique city of ours. I think we live in one of the true jewels of this great country. Once again, let us hear it for Hull. cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Positive Hull Stories   Positive Hull Stories Empty

Back to top Go down

Positive Hull Stories
Page 1 of 1