@Hull
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
@Hull

A forums about Hull, by people from Hull.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Safe browsing warning

Go down 
+2
Harry from Hull
medsec
6 posters
AuthorMessage
medsec

medsec

Safe browsing warning Empty
PostSubject: Safe browsing warning   Safe browsing warning EmptySat Jul 31, 2010 5:49 am

When clicking into the forum today, Google flashed up a safe browsing warning, saying this site could potentially be an intermediary for malware. Usually Kal-El is the one to know about these things - any info? bounce
Back to top Go down
Harry from Hull

Harry from Hull

PostSubject: Re: Safe browsing warning   Safe browsing warning EmptySat Jul 31, 2010 8:24 am

Medsec- You were right to post your concerns as I also have become wary about this site.My doubts are based on the sudden influx of spam mails( over 30 a day) which have suddenly appeared since signing up for this site.Prior to that I received none-as anyone else got a similar problem?

Last edited by Harry from Hull on Sat Jul 31, 2010 9:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Safe browsing warning   Safe browsing warning EmptySat Jul 31, 2010 8:27 am

Hi All, I have received the usual amount of spam, and had no warnings. Keep me informed and I will get in touch with the people who host this site.
Back to top Go down
https://hull.aforumfree.com
alanmackinnon

alanmackinnon

PostSubject: Re: Safe browsing warning   Safe browsing warning EmptySat Jul 31, 2010 4:18 pm

I have had no problems with this site. I use AVG t0tal protection and it would swiftly pick up on any problems and it hasn't done so yet.
Back to top Go down
medsec

medsec

PostSubject: Re: Safe browsing warning   Safe browsing warning EmptySun Aug 01, 2010 7:22 am

I haven't had any spam emails - but then I use Gmail which seems to me to have an excellent spam filter. I've recently switched my Internet security to - wait for it - Microsoft Security Essentials. This was on the advice of the professional I asked to give my laptop the once over as I was having major problems with it. This is a free programme (unbelievable, I know, from Microsoft!) which is very light on resources. This has detected nothing. Ian (the computer man) also installed Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, which is another good freebie. This didn't detect anything either. Better safe than sorry though.
Back to top Go down
AR-Tony

AR-Tony

PostSubject: Re: Safe browsing warning   Safe browsing warning EmptySun Aug 01, 2010 7:38 am

I've seen nothing untoward and mail is behaving the same as ever. I rarely see any spam. Thanks Medsec for the heads-up.
Back to top Go down
Kal-El

Kal-El

PostSubject: Re: Safe browsing warning   Safe browsing warning EmptySun Aug 01, 2010 4:03 pm

Good day, there is no problem with the site as far as I can tell. Google (Chrome?) doesn’t see anything wrong with the site it just notes that forums are hotbeds for viruses because of user submitted data. The spam is also very unlikely to have anything to do with this site.

Back to top Go down
medsec

medsec

PostSubject: Re: Safe browsing warning   Safe browsing warning EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 11:34 am

Well that's good to know. I was just a little concerned, never having seen this strange message before. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Safe browsing warning   Safe browsing warning Empty

Back to top Go down

Safe browsing warning
Page 1 of 1