@Hull
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
@Hull

A forums about Hull, by people from Hull.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The Ghost Club Lecture

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

The Ghost Club Lecture Empty
PostSubject: The Ghost Club Lecture   The Ghost Club Lecture EmptySun Jul 11, 2010 7:17 am

Yesterday I was in London to give a lecture to the Ghost Club, the Worlds oldest organisation dealing with psychical research which was founded in 1862!

Previous members include notable names such as Charles Dickens, Siegfried Sassoon, Harry Price, Donald Campbell, Peter Cushing, Peter Underwood, Maurice Grosse, Sir Shane Leslie and Eric Maple.

The lecture covered Hull's Ghostly Myths and Legends, and was well received by all who attended.

I loved telling people about my town and its unique and somewhat scary history and hope to give the same lecture in Hull at some point. cheers
Back to top Go down
https://hull.aforumfree.com
alanmackinnon

alanmackinnon

The Ghost Club Lecture Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Ghost Club Lecture   The Ghost Club Lecture EmptySun Jul 11, 2010 12:43 pm

Well done,Mike. You are to be commended for helping to keep the name of Hull alive for good reasons, unlike a certain obese Welshman who uses Hull for his own ends. Good for you, Mike, and I hope your lectures become even more well received as time goes on.
Back to top Go down

The Ghost Club Lecture
Page 1 of 1