@Hull
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
@Hull

A forums about Hull, by people from Hull.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Hull's Ghostly Myths and Legends- The Lecture.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Hull's Ghostly Myths and Legends- The Lecture. Empty
PostSubject: Hull's Ghostly Myths and Legends- The Lecture.   Hull's Ghostly Myths and Legends- The Lecture. EmptyWed Jul 28, 2010 5:24 am

On December 14th at 17.30 I will be appearing at Hull's Carnegie Heritage Centre to lecture on Hull's Ghostly Myths and Legends.

The talk will last approx an hour and will cover such stories as the Hauntings of Ye Olde White Hart, The Old Grammar School, and Harry Oglesby.

affraid
Back to top Go down
https://hull.aforumfree.com
Kal-El

Kal-El

PostSubject: Re: Hull's Ghostly Myths and Legends- The Lecture.   Hull's Ghostly Myths and Legends- The Lecture. EmptyWed Jul 28, 2010 8:27 am

Good work mike! What a Face
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Hull's Ghostly Myths and Legends- The Lecture.   Hull's Ghostly Myths and Legends- The Lecture. EmptyWed Jul 28, 2010 8:51 am

Cheers Kal El, it's nice to be able to do things like this for the centre.
Back to top Go down
alanmackinnon

alanmackinnon

PostSubject: Re: Hull's Ghostly Myths and Legends- The Lecture.   Hull's Ghostly Myths and Legends- The Lecture. EmptyWed Jul 28, 2010 8:52 am

Well done, mate. I would love to be there but, as you know, I have a few health issues which make it impossible to attend. However, I shall be with you in spirit and if you ever publish your speeches ands lectures in pamphlet form, as they used to do in days gone by, please put me on your mailing list. Good luck, Mike, but take things easy for a while. The angina attack (or whatever it was) is a warning to slow down a bit.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Hull's Ghostly Myths and Legends- The Lecture.   Hull's Ghostly Myths and Legends- The Lecture. EmptyWed Jul 28, 2010 9:26 am

Thanks Alan, the thought of publishing my lectures did cross my mind recently after Robin Odell recently published his Jack the Ripper lectures. Mind you, his 30 years of lecturing make my 1 year look a little pathetic.

I am taking it easy this week, only typed and edited 25 pages today.
Back to top Go down
alanmackinnon

alanmackinnon

PostSubject: Re: Hull's Ghostly Myths and Legends- The Lecture.   Hull's Ghostly Myths and Legends- The Lecture. EmptyWed Jul 28, 2010 10:39 am

Don't worry about Robin Odell having been lecturing 30 years as opposed to your one year. It is not the size of the dog in the fight it is the size of the fight in the dog, Mike. My dad told me that snd it is true for more than just fighting. Publish your lectures, mate. I feel sure there will be a market for them. You could always publish on line and we could then download for a fee and eventually, who knows, you may be able to publish audio lectures.
The pc means the world's your lobster lol!
Back to top Go down
medsec

medsec

PostSubject: Re: Hull's Ghostly Myths and Legends- The Lecture.   Hull's Ghostly Myths and Legends- The Lecture. EmptyWed Jul 28, 2010 1:59 pm

Sounds fishy to me Laughing
Back to top Go down
clarky0482

PostSubject: Re: Hull's Ghostly Myths and Legends- The Lecture.   Hull's Ghostly Myths and Legends- The Lecture. EmptyThu Aug 05, 2010 10:37 am

Can anyone attend or is it private???
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Hull's Ghostly Myths and Legends- The Lecture.   Hull's Ghostly Myths and Legends- The Lecture. EmptyFri Aug 06, 2010 8:45 am

Its open to everyone.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hull's Ghostly Myths and Legends- The Lecture.   Hull's Ghostly Myths and Legends- The Lecture. Empty

Back to top Go down

Hull's Ghostly Myths and Legends- The Lecture.
Page 1 of 1