@Hull
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
@Hull

A forums about Hull, by people from Hull.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Charity Walk for Dove House Hospice

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Charity Walk for Dove House Hospice Empty
PostSubject: Charity Walk for Dove House Hospice   Charity Walk for Dove House Hospice EmptyFri Sep 03, 2010 9:19 am

As many of you may know, my father has been very ill of late, suffering from cancer of the oesphagus and having it removed earlier this year. Sadly, we were informed this week that Dad's cancer has spread, to both his lung and stomach and it's not looking good.

News of the spread hit me hard, I spent many hours upset, angry and frustrated, but know that Dad would want me to keep going and help others.

With this in mind I decided to do a sponsored walk on Saturday November 13th from Hull to Beverley, covering the Beverley 20 track that my father and I had covered many years previously.

My aim is to raise money for Dove House Hospice in Hull, and hopefully help others in a similar situation.

Sponsorship forms and hopefully an online donation site will be up and running shortly.

If anyone wishes to participate, donate, or offer support it will all be greatly received.

Back to top Go down
https://hull.aforumfree.com
Kal-El

Kal-El

PostSubject: Re: Charity Walk for Dove House Hospice   Charity Walk for Dove House Hospice EmptyFri Sep 03, 2010 4:39 pm

Sorry to hear that Mike, best wishes to all your family.

If you wish you can put the charity event on the Read Hull about it website, there’s a section on there for charity events. The sites not fully up and running yet but it might help raise exposure.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Charity Walk for Dove House Hospice   Charity Walk for Dove House Hospice EmptySat Sep 04, 2010 3:27 am

Thanks Kal-El, Will be posting more information after I meet with the staff at Dove House. I already have loads of volunteers, and a few places have mentioned that they wish to put posters up.
Back to top Go down
Barrow

PostSubject: Re: Charity Walk for Dove House Hospice   Charity Walk for Dove House Hospice EmptySun Sep 05, 2010 2:23 pm

Sorry about that Mike.But you always said that you got lost on the Beverley 20 despite me putting up waymark signs along that route.When you walk it,always remember that your dad who walked it with you,wants you to walk it again,and maybe we can all help with a bit of cash to put a seat along that path to remember your trips with dad and you.That is not a lot to ask at all people on this thread for a person who has made this thread,and You mail threds interesting,and gave many happy hours finding that brick in wall in a Hull building interesting.
That seat on that trail will be nice reminder of dad and you together and your walk money could go to that seat on that trail.
Ian Ingles
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Charity Walk for Dove House Hospice   Charity Walk for Dove House Hospice EmptyMon Sep 06, 2010 9:06 am

Thanks Barrow, that really means a lot.

Here is my official Beverley 20 Dove House Hospice online sponsorform. It has a place for donations, messages, and a picture of Humber Bridge that I took when I was with Dad on the foreshore recently.

http://www.dovehouse.org.uk/netcommunity/beverley20
Back to top Go down
alanmackinnon

alanmackinnon

PostSubject: Re: Charity Walk for Dove House Hospice   Charity Walk for Dove House Hospice EmptyTue Sep 07, 2010 1:54 am

Hi, Mike. Sorry to hear that Mick's cancer has spread to other parts and I hope the medicos can do something for him. I will certainly sponser your walk and the bench halfway along the walk sounds like a brilliant idea. Give your dad my best and tell Val that I hope she is bearing up. She has a lot of friends by the looks of things and they will support her, I am sure. All the best, Mike.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Charity Walk for Dove House Hospice   Charity Walk for Dove House Hospice Empty

Back to top Go down

Charity Walk for Dove House Hospice
Page 1 of 1