@Hull
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
@Hull

A forums about Hull, by people from Hull.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Forum Rules

Go down 
+8
medsec
Tigerlilly
Barrow
Trev
alanmackinnon
fozzeduk
Kal-El
Admin
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Forum Rules Empty
PostSubject: Forum Rules   Forum Rules EmptyFri Jun 04, 2010 8:20 am

Community Guidelines
We take pride in keeping our message boards respectful, pleasant, and enjoyable for members of all ages. Please read the following guidelines before posting.

Self-Promotion is Spam
All posts are read by our administration and moderation team. If we catch questionable content, it will immediately be edited or removed for futher investigation. Any post that is considered advertising for one's self-interests, including the promotion of a fantasy league or any site one is affiliated with, fits under this subject.

While you are allowed to promote your web site(s) in your signature, you are not permitted to post links to sites you run or are in any way affiliated with in your posts. In addition, users are not permitted to post any kind of affiliate program link with referrer IDs. Repeat violators who post promotional content will be permanently banned.

Posters can post website accresses if it is pertinent to the post.

Language and Trolling
Our community is family-friendly. There are young users and language should be kept within a style of which you would let your children or grandchildren listen to. Vulgar language is not allowed. This constitutes the use of any kind of offensive, discriminatory, or otherwise inappropriate material deemed unsafe for younger members. Inappropriate language will potentially be removed and users will be warned.

Do not post provocative, outrageous, or pointless messages only to get a response from others, i.e. "trolling." Repeat violators will be permanently banned.

Lastly, if it is abundantly clear that a user has no intention of positively contributing to sports discussions, combined with an abrasive, combative attitude, they will be banned. This especially pertains to the Politicals board. Users must demonstrate an interest in contributing to sports discussions, as this is a sports site after all. In other words, users who wish to do nothing but argue politics or other non-sports issues are not welcome as they do nothing to contribute to the site and are not worth the trouble and headaches.

Citing your sources

If you do copy and paste something please post the link to that site or give them acknowledgements.

Personal Attacks
In order to maintain a positive atmosphere, no personal attacks or insults will be tolerated. While discussions may become heated, it is not an excuse to result to attacks or insults. There is a difference between a passionate, respectful discussion and one that delves into personal matters. Think of it as debating issues, not individuals. When the line is crossed, the discussion may be closed by the moderation team. Violators will be warned and potentially banned.

Moderators and Administrators Have the Final Word
If you have a problem or a complaint, direct it to the administrators and/or moderators, not to the boards.The appropriate actions will be taken. We reserve the right to ban flagrant offenders when deemed necessary, with or without prior warning.

Cross-Posting
If you have something to post and you're not sure which board it belongs in, do not post it in more than one board. If the administrators or moderators think it would fit better in another location, it will be moved there. Duplicate threads only serve to create confusion. Please feel free to ask, I don't bite!

Signature Rules
A typical signature contains the poster's name, e-mail address, website, and a favorite quote or saying. Excessive font size are not allowed. Anyone abusing this privilege will be warned and then have their signature removed until they acknowledge this guideline.

Multiple Accounts Per Individual Are Not Permitted
If you forget your password, use the password recovery tool, in which case you will be able to reset your password, given that you have access to the e-mail associated with your account. If you are still unable to login, contact the administrator.

Again, please follow the above guidelines when posting on our message boards. If you have any questions, please contact us. Above all, remember to have fun!

MIKE

Last edited by Admin on Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://hull.aforumfree.com
Kal-El

Kal-El

Forum Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Rules   Forum Rules EmptyFri Jun 04, 2010 5:04 pm

You should make this a sticky.
Back to top Go down
fozzeduk

fozzeduk

Forum Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Rules   Forum Rules EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 1:31 am

Kal-El wrote:
I dont know what im doing lol
Back to top Go down
alanmackinnon

alanmackinnon

Forum Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Rules   Forum Rules EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 2:57 am

FOZZ wrote:
Kal-El wrote:
I dont know what im doing lol

Nothing new there then, Steve. Nice to see you have finally found us and welcome. I think this seems to be a slightly more friendly format than Your Mail was. Smile
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Forum Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Rules   Forum Rules EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 3:07 am

Tried to make it sticky, but will just have to keep bumping it up. Question
Back to top Go down
Trev

Trev

Forum Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Rules   Forum Rules EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 4:42 am

Admin wrote:
Tried to make it sticky, but will just have to keep bumping it up. Question

There should be a 'sticky' option showing when you click the 'admin' button Mike.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Forum Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Rules   Forum Rules EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 6:52 am

Looked for it when I posted the thread, and been back into the control panel but there isn't one.
Back to top Go down
Trev

Trev

Forum Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Rules   Forum Rules EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 9:11 am

Admin wrote:
Looked for it when I posted the thread, and been back into the control panel but there isn't one.

Is it under 'Thread Tools' which should be at the top right hand of the first post?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Forum Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Rules   Forum Rules EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 9:35 am

Hi Trev, it has an "Actions" button, but upon selecting it the actions include such things as Who posted it, when, how to move it etc. No Sticky option.
Back to top Go down
Trev

Trev

Forum Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Rules   Forum Rules EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 5:33 pm

Admin wrote:
Hi Trev, it has an "Actions" button, but upon selecting it the actions include such things as Who posted it, when, how to move it etc. No Sticky option.

No 'Thread Tools' button? I dunno then....but there must be some tools somewhere. Sticky should be with the 'merge', 'delete', 'move' commands.

I'm a bit confused. Doesn't Kal know?

Edit:

There must be a 'sticky' button somewhere, as there is a sticky icon shown at the bottom of the screen (amongst the icons denoting new posts etc).
Back to top Go down
Kal-El

Kal-El

Forum Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Rules   Forum Rules EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 6:46 pm

I couldn't say where without opening up a forum and sniffing around.
Back to top Go down
Trev

Trev

Forum Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Rules   Forum Rules EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 7:50 pm

Kal-El wrote:
I couldn't say where without opening up a forum and sniffing around.

I already mod on a PHP/BB forum, but I can't understand why the 'Thread Tools' doesn't throw up a 'sticky' option. Are you modding this board?
Back to top Go down
fozzeduk

fozzeduk

Forum Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Rules   Forum Rules EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 11:26 pm

confused Ok then im not proud,so ill ask whats a sticky?,please dont say a bun lol
Back to top Go down
alanmackinnon

alanmackinnon

Forum Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Rules   Forum Rules EmptySun Jun 06, 2010 1:37 am

FOZZ wrote:
confused Ok then im not proud,so ill ask whats a sticky?,please dont say a bun lol

Thanks, Steve. I knew if I waited long enough that someone else would ask this question and then I wouldn't have to look as though at 70+ I knew nowt about my only hobby.....computers. I think that is what is known as care for the elderly. Laughing
Back to top Go down
fozzeduk

fozzeduk

Forum Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Rules   Forum Rules EmptySun Jun 06, 2010 2:37 am

I felt sure theagitator would have pounced on this question,with one of his quips and remind me just how thick i am lol
Back to top Go down
alanmackinnon

alanmackinnon

Forum Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Rules   Forum Rules EmptySun Jun 06, 2010 3:32 am

Oh, Steve, don't tell me you are missing auntie Aggi.lol!
It does make a change to be able to post what you really think and feel on here without the fear that some idiot like Ag or heartoftruth is going to make some inappropriate, sexist, racist or just downright rude remark.
Back to top Go down
Kal-El

Kal-El

Forum Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Rules   Forum Rules EmptySun Jun 06, 2010 5:23 am

No Trev, there is a group called mods you can openly join but it doesnt seem to make a diference.
Back to top Go down
Barrow

Forum Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Rules   Forum Rules EmptySun Jun 06, 2010 9:46 am

Is there any way the most resent reply to any post can be put first and not last?
Back to top Go down
Kal-El

Kal-El

Forum Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Rules   Forum Rules EmptySun Jun 06, 2010 9:52 am

Do any forums work like that? I know it's not a standard and can present accessibility issues. Imagine using a screen reader to work your way through the posts. Would the threads make sense with the newer comments first? The need to make sites accessible is such an important issue that there are laws to to make sure it's implemented.

So no barrow i don't think you can do that.
Back to top Go down
Kal-El

Kal-El

Forum Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Rules   Forum Rules EmptySun Jun 06, 2010 9:56 am

Mike I can join the group called mods and then you’d need to accept my mod request, making me a mod with the ability to change things. I could have a look around the setup report what needs doing, implement if needed the stand down as a mod. I could do that if you want.
Back to top Go down
Tigerlilly

Tigerlilly

Forum Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Rules   Forum Rules EmptySun Jun 06, 2010 11:39 am

Alan and Steve. A `sticky` is a post that stays at the top of the thread. I only found out myself a couple of weeks ago and only then because I`m a novice blogger.
Back to top Go down
http://cardsfromlynnesloft.blogspot.com/
medsec

medsec

Forum Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Rules   Forum Rules EmptySun Jun 06, 2010 11:48 am

I must admit I did think that forum rules and so on need to be made sticky (not so long since I learned what this meant as well tiger!) There needs to be a way of making this happen, surely?
Back to top Go down
fozzeduk

fozzeduk

Forum Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Rules   Forum Rules EmptySun Jun 06, 2010 1:12 pm

Embarassed I know i just wanted to know if alan knew lol
Back to top Go down
Trev

Trev

Forum Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Rules   Forum Rules EmptySun Jun 06, 2010 3:42 pm

Kal-El wrote:
Mike I can join the group called mods and then you’d need to accept my mod request, making me a mod with the ability to change things. I could have a look around the setup report what needs doing, implement if needed the stand down as a mod. I could do that if you want.

I'm willing to help if needed. Very Happy

Help with stickies here...

http://help.forumotion.com/frequently-asked-questions-f5/stickies-and-announcements-t3339.htm
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Forum Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Rules   Forum Rules EmptyMon Jun 07, 2010 2:37 am

Cheers guys. Tread now Sticky!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Forum Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Rules   Forum Rules Empty